This five-day instructor-led course provides students with the knowledge and skills to develop a Microsoft SQL Server database. The course focuses on teaching individuals how to use SQL Server product features and tools related to developing a database.
Before taking this course, students should have basic knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating system and its core functionality. Students should also have a working knowledge of Transact-SQL and relational databases.
5 Days/Lecture & Lab
The primary audience for this course is IT Professionals who want to become skilled on SQL Server product features and technologies for implementing a database. The secondary audience for this course is individuals who are developers from other product platforms looking to become skilled in the implementation of a SQL Server database.
- Introduction to Database Development
- Designing and Implementing Tables
- Advanced Table Designs
- Ensuring Data Integrity through Constraints
- Introduction to Indexes
- Designing Optimized Index Strategies
- Columnstore Indexes
- Designing and Implementing Views
- Designing and Implementing Stored Procedures
- Designing and Implementing User-Defined Functions
- Responding to Data Manipulation via Triggers
- Using In-Memory Tables
- Implementing Managed Code in SQL Server
- Storing and Querying XML Data in SQL Server
- Storing and Querying Spatial Data in SQL Server
- Storing and Querying BLOBs and Text Documents in SQL Server
- SQL Server Concurrency
- Performance and Monitoring