This is a 5-day ILT course that is designed to provide students with the knowledge and skills required to support and troubleshoot Windows 10 PCs and devices in a Windows Server domain environment. These skills include understanding of Windows 10 features, how they can be used in an Active Directory environment and how to troubleshoot them.
In addition to their professional experience, students who attend this training should already have the following technical knowledge:
- Networking fundamentals, including Transmission Control Protocol /Internet Protocol (TCP/IP), User Datagram Protocol (UDP), and Domain Name System (DNS).
- Microsoft Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) principles.
- Understanding of the Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) components.
- Windows Server 2016 fundamentals.
- Microsoft Windows Client essentials; for example, experience with Windows 10 or knowledge from the courses 20697-1 and 20697-2.
Duration: 5 Days/Lecture & Lab
The primary audience for this course is the Enterprise Desktop Support Technician (EDST), who provides Tier 2 support to users running Windows 10 personal computers (PCs) and devices in medium to large enterprise organizations, within a Windows domain environment. EDSTs focus on a broad range of technical issues for Windows operating systems (OSs), devices, cloud services, applications, networking, and hardware support. In the overarching scenario, if an enterprise offers the service, the EDST is asked to support it. The key responsibilities include resolving technical issues pertaining to Windows 10 installation and migration, activation, performance, profiles, settings; and device synchronization. Some other key responsibilities include local and remote network access; access to applications, access to data and printers; authentication, Endpoint security and policy; OS and data recovery. The secondary audience for this course are IT professionals who administer and support Windows 10 desktops, devices, users, and associated network and security resources. Students who seek certification in the following exams will also benefit from this course:
- 70-697: Configuring Windows Devices
- 70-698: Installing and Configuring Windows 10
- Implementing a Troubleshooting Methodology
- Troubleshooting Startup Issues
- Performing System Recovery
- Troubleshooting Hardware and Device Drivers
- Administering Windows 10
- Resolving Issues with Network Connectivity
- Troubleshooting Group Policy
- Configuring and Troubleshooting User Settings
- Configuring and Troubleshooting Resource Access
- Troubleshooting Remote Connectivity
- Troubleshooting Applications
- Maintaining Windows 10