From (requirements) – knowledge of computer use, C programming knowledge. An IDE – Visual Studio 2015 with Boost support.
- Mid-level C++ knowledge is a must (topics covered in my Basic C++ training)
- Any missing topic must be communicated prior to starting the training to allow adaptation of topics.
To (target) – Strong use of C++ using C++11/14 features, multithreading.
How (structure) – modular, to allow customization of topics if needed.
Every topic is illustrated in a practical manner using exercises and code snippets.
The layout of this course is arranged so as to provide a practical approach, increasing exercises in complexity.
The course duration is 32 hours, over a 4 days period.
- Basics recap – C++ OOP
- Classes – behind the scenes
- Casts (C++ Style)
- More on exceptions
- Operator overloading
- Generic operators
- Smart pointers – STL & Boost
- More on templates & Generic programming
- Threads & Synchronization
- Boost threads
- Intro into good code structure
- Basics of design patterns
- More modern C++
- Default values for non-static members
- Uniform initialization