Helpdesk is a team of specialists who take over incoming calls, register user complaints, run primary diagnostics and, where necessary, provide remote response for fast troubleshooting. Helpdesk also coordinates field engineering teams and forwards user complaints to higher support levels.
- Registers incoming user complaints
- Classifies and establishes their priority
- Conducts preliminary investigation and diagnostics of complaints
- Manages the incident life cycle and the request life cycle
- Escalates issues (technically / hierarchically), where applicable
- Keeps users up-to-date on the status of services, incidents and requests