AquaWAN is a complete and innovative IOT solution, fully automated, that can read and communicate the value of the water meter index.
ETA2U adopted LoRaWAN technology as the communication standard for IoT networks. LoRa (Long Range) technology is a long-range, low-power radio communications technology. Unlike conventional digital radio transmission technology, this technology has the ability to communicate data over several kilometers or even tens of kilometers, with wide applicability in wireless Internet of Things (IoT) networks. LoRa uses ISM sub-Ghz - 868Mhz radio frequency bands - to transmit data at high distances with very little power consumption.
Devices can connect to any base station without additional requests. Base Stations connect devices through a backhaul to a network server, the LaRaWAN central unit that suppresses duplicate reception, adapts radio access links, and transmits data to appropriate application servers. Application servers then process the received data and execute user-defined tasks. The LoRaWAN standard uses symmetric cryptography to authenticate devices on the network and keep application data confidential. Very briefly, this technology can be described as a radio frequency communication technology that has reached the level of maturity required in the industry and has the highest adoption rate in specific IoT implementations
What are the important factors that recommend this technology?
Implementation of AquaWAN brings direct benefits to water company subscribers as well as immediate and measurable benefits within companies:
- Makes possible remote reading of water consumption from water meters and allows the interruption or restoration of water supply with a single click, without the need for human intervention of the operator in the location by installing remote control valves using the same transmission protocol
- Allows dynamic modeling of the frequency of readings, depending on various parameters set by the operator, based on operational needs
- It is based on an open platform that allows reading of other data from all water company infrastructures, regardless of its degree of automation and location, solving the problem of lack of Internet connection or the need for power supply
- Can collect both quantitative pressure, flow, loss detection, reverse flow, and water quality: chlorine, turbidity, etc. by installing specific sensors that can communicate using the same infrastructure
- It only requires the installation of counters equipped with EDC communication module LoRa, counters that can be mounted by the water company's personnel without the need of an automation or IT specialist
- Provides a connected infrastructure that can gather data to increase production yield based on daily consumption information, correlated with environmental and seasonality conditions
- Assists in estimating consumables for production (depending on turbidity and historical consumption data), or can estimate critical situations
- It allows the development of new services for consumers, or the application of differentiated tariffs.
ETA2U proposes a viable solution for telemetry of water meters, namely metering and direct control, through smart meters using LoRaWAN technology.
The reference architecture of the proposed system is:
The key element in this system is the water meters, which are from the manufacturer Zenner, with the following features:
- Dry Cylinders meters, Class C (R160) IP68, DN 15-300;
- The manufacturer develops LoRa technology across the range of counters in the portfolio;
- Minimum estimated battery life 10 years;
- Operation in unlicensed band 868MHz;
- Provides Bi-Directional communication with very good penetration inside buildings;
- Anti-fraud and corrosion-resistant architecture;
- LoRa module and counter are interchangeable and can be replaced separately if needed.
- Configured for 24 hour transmission windows and recurrence with signal power set to SF12, 1.2s
The application developed by ETA2U for displaying and analyzing the collected data responds to the demands of the telecoms of the water companies. AquaWAN allows easy and easy access via any web browser, both on your PC and your mobile phone.
The rapid global view of meters allows visual identification of common problems, both communication and water network problems - atypical consumption indicator or network losses. The selection of a counter shows all its identification data, index, location, consumer, billing details, etc..
Also, within the AquaWAN platform, users can view tabular information of recorded meters. These data can be sorted and filtered. For each meter, you can then view a consumption history and configure the alert consumption thresholds and the consumer identification data.
Filtered information can be exported in common formats, CSV or Excel, to be imported and used in your own billing applications.
AquaWAN also allows you to manually enter the index value for bus counters as a virtual counter. Based on these values, the platform can trigger an alert on Identifying Losses or High Consumption Differences.
AquaWAN – key functions
- SaaS Licensing Solution or One-Time License
- Stable, stable, secure, and integrable platform
- Automatic and centralized meter reading
- Real-time control and automation of shutdown / re-commissioning of water supply
- SOA architecture with advanced configuration options
- API-level integration
- Full system monitoring and alerting, with malfunction management system and automated controls
- Data Analytics Interfaces and Performance Reporting with centralized Dashboards with advanced synthesis and filtering capabilities, accessible from any mobile, tablet, laptop or desktop
- Compatible with various Hardware or Software solutions for automatic data integration